Monday, December 22, 2008

Tinsel

We expect too much at Christmas. It's got to be magical. It's got to go right. Feasting. Fun. The perfect present. All that anticipation. Take it easy. Love's the thing. The rest is tinsel.
~ Pam Brown

Countdown at T-minus three days.

Last minute gifts are being purchased, travelers are packing the roads and airports, FedEx is coming at all hours of days and nights.

Hustle, bustle, scurry, run!

Don't forget though.

Don't miss it.

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
~ Luke 2:10-11

He is the celebration, not only in these immediate days but for all of eternity.

Don't miss Him.

To do so would be to miss it all.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP