Monday, December 29, 2008

Loose Ends

Here we are. T-minus 2 days until the final seconds of 2008 are counted off and 2009 begins.

I can hardly believe that another year has passed, that Thanksgiving and Christmas are now only memories, and that radio stations are playing out the top 50/100/500 of 2008.

It's time to tie up the loose ends. To make the new resolutions and think about where I hope to grow and change and believe in the coming year. It's time to close the door on some old dreams and allow God to open it on new ones. It's time to take note of all God has done and where He's still working on me. It's time to make decisions to leave behind things that I don't want to take with me and to hang on tight to the things that I want to carry.

We're here at the end. Here's where I take stock and give God the glory for the last 365 days and pray for Him to be glorified in the next. These are priceless moments where I am overcome with gratitude and worship for God who has done so much. Moments where I'm excited about the journey to come and thankful for the journey that is passed.

I look back today so that I can move forward tomorrow.

Now is the time.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP