Tuesday, December 9, 2008

He Is

He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals his thoughts to man, he who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth— the LORD God Almighty is his name.
~Amos 4:13

I stumbled on this verse this morning and absolutely love it!

As you have probably noticed if you read this blog, I've lately been fighting through the desire to define my path and determine the outcome of the journey I find myself on. I struggle to listen to God first and to set the voices of the world aside as they often make more immediate sense to me. I've questioned the direction and wondered if I'm missing something or if I could do it better myself.

This battle is pointless. I know that and I still choose so often to engage.

Then God reminds me, yet again, of who He is and why my arguments are always insignificant and incorrect in the face of His majesty, knowledge, and power. Every day I wonder who I must think myself to be to fight against this God. I recognize that my greatest wisdom is foolishness to the One who rules over all things.

Here's what truly amazes me though: this God who sits in authority over all things still chooses to reveal His thoughts to man! Even though I fight against Him and question His plan and fully deserve to be cast out of His presence for my impertinence, He still chooses to meet with me and speak. I am amazed at that...in awe, in reverence, in repentance. How dare I be so bold and how can He possibly be so kind? I will never understand this God but I am overwhelmed with gratitude that He chooses me anyways.

I have so very far to go on this journey. Day after day I see just how much I need a Savior. I hope to never reach a point where I don't recognize my utter dependence on Him.

He is so good. We are all so undeserving. He loves us in spite of that. Absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP