Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Right Again

This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again.
~ John 3:16-17 (The Message)

God did love the world 2,000 years ago.

God still loves the world today.

As we begin our times of celebration, let us also stop and realize that the Jesus who stepped out of eternity all those years ago did it because today, at the very end of 2008, He knew there would be people who are desperate for the hope that's found only in Him. He came because He is the ultimate solution to the pain that's captured our world. He came because He can redeem.

It's not all about a manger. It's not all about the wise men or the stable or the shepherds. It's about the love that God had for a people yet unknown. It's about the ability to restore that's held only by a sovereign, all-powerful, amazing God who has a love for such undeserving people as you and I.

The manger was just the beginning.

Don't leave it at that.

Tell the whole story. Not just what Christ did as He walked this ground but what He's done in your life.

Shine for Him in these days.

There's a world that needs to hear.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP