Sunday, December 14, 2008

Immanuel

The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
~ Isaiah 7:14

Promised long before delivery, the world watched and waited for the sign guaranteed them by the Lord they trusted. Days were hard, trials were many, hope became scarce. Every baby born could be the fulfillment of the promise but, child after child, none delivered.

Do you not think that at times the people despaired that God would truly deliver? Do you not think that they struggled to believe in the promise given through Isaiah decades before? Do you not think that they wondered if they'd misheard something or overlooked something or gone the wrong way?

God didn't forget though. He wasn't making them wait for punishment or just to test their faith. Instead, He was waiting for the perfect time, predetermined by Him, that would fulfill not just one promise but every one that had been given.

Jesus was Immanuel, God with us.

Yet even before Jesus' arrival, God was near. Near enough to speak, near enough to care, near enough to know every need and meet it.

God is still near, Jesus is still with us. In this season, if you're waiting on God to move, remember this truth: He never promises without fulfillment.

Sometimes though, the promise takes time to be made perfect.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP