Friday, December 5, 2008

Peace

"The whole earth is at rest and is quiet..."
~Isaiah 14:7

I feel the hustle and bustle of this season beginning to pick up steam and my calendar is slowly but surely becoming more packed. Shopping malls are full and parking is scarce. Tempers become short and yelling overshadows the sounds of Christmas carols being piped through loud speakers. People bundle up against the cold and scurry from store to store, from event to event, rushing through their minutes as though there is no other option.

There is another choice.

Peace can reign.

Step out of the haste and kneel down at the Savior's feet. Let the world slow and the minutes drag. Worship Him.

God became man.

Let us not forget.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP