Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day 2008

This is a day for reflection. For celebrating the goodness that God has blessed us with over the last 365 days and giving Him thanks and praise. Many may not approach this day as a time to turn gratitude towards God but my hope is that even if it's not a common practice, many will pause today and whisper a prayer towards the One who makes their every breath and blessing possible!

As I've written many times here, I am overwhelmed by the faithfulness of my God. I don't have it all together and I would be the first to say as much but God still takes the time to work on me and refine me and give me abundant blessings in the process. Even in the hardest days, there is much to praise Him for.

So, please count your blessings today and thank the good Lord for each of them. I'll leave you with a wonderful hymn I recently found. May it bless you and may your day be excellent and bright!

Thanks to God for My Redeemer
By: August Ludwig Storm

Thanks to God for my Redeemer,
Thanks for all Thou dost provide!
Thanks for times now but a memory,
Thanks for Jesus by my side!
Thanks for pleasant, balmy springtime,
Thanks for dark and dreary fall!
Thanks for tears by now forgotten,
Thanks for peace within my soul!

Thanks for prayers that Thou hast answered,
Thanks for what Thou dost deny!
Thanks for storms that I have weathered,
Thanks for all Thou dost supply!
Thanks for pain and thanks for pleasure,
Thanks for comfort in despair!
Thanks for grace that none can measure,
Thanks for love beyond compare!

Thanks for roses by the wayside,
Thanks for thorns their stems contain!
Thanks for home and thanks for fireside,
Thanks for hope, that sweet refrain!
Thanks for joy and thanks for sorrow,
Thanks for heav'nly peace with Thee!
Thanks for hope in the tomorrow,
Thanks through all eternity!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP