Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pray Always

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
~ Ephesians 6:18

Today I have many friends leaving to go to Brazil on a missions trip. This trip is something that I've been involved with almost since the beginning as I've helped with fund-raising, strung bracelets together, and prayed with this team. My body is staying here on American soil but my heart is going with these dear friends.

It would be easy for me to feel left behind as the airplane heads for the unknown but that's not what my heart is feeling in these moments. Instead, I am reminded of the incredible privilege that each of us has to be involved from a distance through prayer. I may not physically step onto Brazilian soil, listen to a song in Portuguese or pray with a new believer but I can have a part in this ministry too and so can any of you who are reading! Prayer becomes the thing that overcomes miles!

I am continually amazed that I am able to have a relationship with a God who listens to my prayers and moves through them. How incredible is it that I can speak to God about something that's occurring thousands of miles away and as the words leave my lips, He is already there, acting for His glory! With this in mind, I challenge myself to be consistent in lifting up those on this trip. Please join with me in believing God for mighty things and pray continuously for His hand to be upon those who have gone and those who they will meet. We may never know until heaven what impact our fervent prayers have on situations that are unfolding but the thing that we do know is that God hears, acts, and moves on behalf of prayers that are offered to Him!

Come and be part of something greater than yourself!

For a downloadable prayer calendar, click here!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP