Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanks

What a beautiful thing, God, to give thanks, to sing an anthem to you, the High God! To announce your love each daybreak, sing your faithful presence all through the night.
~ Psalm 92:1-2

After yesterday's post I knew I needed to stop and just remember how faithful God has been and what amazing things He's done in my life and in the lives of those I love. I'm happy to tell you that a little bit of correctly placed praise and gratitude works wonders on my sour attitude and so I'd like to take this moment to be joyful!

It's here! Thanksgiving Week 2008!

I'm not going to lie...Thanksgiving may actually be surpassing Christmas as my favorite holiday...or at least it's holding a close second! Here are the things I love about it: excellent food, time with family and friends, the parade, and most of all, a point in time when everyone is encouraged to think about what they're thankful for!

This year I've learned more about gratitude than I would have ever dreamed possible. In walking through some valleys of great depth I have learned that I can actually thank God for the trials and find joy in the midst of them. It's not a constant thing in the middle of the hard times but I've found that I can stop and be thankful for moments when the sun comes out, a burst of laughter escapes, or I get a good parking space no matter what the overwhelming situation is that I might find myself in. There are those moments of blessing in every day no matter how dark things might seem around you. We wouldn't choose the trials if it were up to us but the fact that God uses them to refine us helps me be grateful towards Him even in the toughest ones.

As I approach Thanksgiving this year my heart is overwhelmed by the goodness of the Lord. I honestly will never come up with enough words to express the gratitude I have for what He's done in my life and for the relationship that I enjoy with Him every day. Over the past year life has been both incredibly good and incredibly hard but when I pause over turkey this year my gratitude for all of it will go back towards the One who made every moment possible.

It is indeed a beautiful thing to give thanks to God and to announce His great love and faithfulness! As the holiday approaches please join me in turning your hearts to reviewing how God has blessed you over the past 12 months.

Prayer Challenge:
Today in the Amazon the rally finishes up and the team enters the second half of their journey. Please pray for renewal and rest, encouragement and strength, and that God would be in their midst in mighty ways. Download a prayer calendar here!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP