Monday, November 24, 2008

Icky

Do you ever have one of those days where things just aren't fitting together and the world makes you weary? That's me today and it frustrates me. We're on the verge of celebrating one of my most favorite holidays this week and I'm finding myself feeling out-of-sorts and a little bit rough around the edges.

I had great plans to write today about Thanksgiving and why I love it and how important it is to stop and thank God for the most excellent gifts in our lives, both those we thoroughly enjoy and those that bring us immediate pain but ultimate blessing. Such was my plan.

Instead I find myself at the end of this day with my heart just not in it.

Rats.

Tempting as it is to just write a happy post and call it a day, I want to be real. There are yucky days in my life too. Today just happens to be one where I'm not quite as perky as normal.

However, just because I don't feel thrilled about things, I'm not going to succumb to the temptation to embrace my icky attitude. Instead, I'm going to write truth and dwell on it and know that my feelings are only that, feelings. Truth still reigns.

So, I'll leave you with what I know to be true for me and for you, even on those days when the pieces aren't falling into place and you're not quite sure which direction you're heading! Come and dwell here with me...
Isn't everything you have and everything you are sheer gifts from God?... You already have all you need.
~ 1 Corinthians 4:7-8

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
~ Philippians 1:6

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
~ Romans 8:38-39

Here's to a better day tomorrow! I'm believing that it will be and I'll hope to join you here again!

In the meantime, let us be faithful and not forget: PRAYER CHALLENGE!
Please continue to pray for those in the Amazon as they reach the halfway point of their journey. Pray for courage in sharing the Gospel and for many to meet Jesus. Pray for encouragement and strength for all those working. Download a prayer guide here!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP