Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A List

In every thing give thanks.
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Tomorrow we will sit down at tables across the country to enjoy fellowship with those we love and during the day we'll reminisce about all the things that we are thankful for. In anticipation of these moments, here's the off-the-top of my head list for things that I'm thankful for right now (in no order whatsoever).

- God (Ok, that one is in order)
- Friends of which I have the most magnificent assortment and really can't say enough about
- Family, both immediate and extended
- Facebook
- Fall (and this is not supposed to be an alliterative list)
- My job that's interesting and flexible
- Church and everything that it's meant in my life
- Music
- My home
- Nature and all of the beauty I see every day!
- Brady (that's my dog if anyone cares)
- Phone calls
- Sweaters
- My fireplace (nothing beats a fire on cool evenings)
- Not having to mow the yard anymore this year
- Internet access
- Getting accepted to school
- Travel
- Hope Fellowship in Boston
- TV: House and The Office
- Coffee (ok, if these were in order this one would have been much higher :)
- My car
- Exercise
- Cake
- Books
- Conversation
- Worship
- Wonder
- Snow (although not here so much)
- Seasons in both weather and life
- Trials
- Refinement
- Laughter and joy
- Peace
- Prayer
- Salvation!

I'm sure there are many many many more things that I am grateful for but this list is just a quick summary of those things that pop into my mind when I think of the many blessings God has given me. For every thing that I count as a blessing, my hope is that I will readily offer thanks to God as I realize that all of these things are truly gifts that He has generously given. May my gratitude serve only to glorify His name.

What does your list look like?

Prayer Challenge:
Today those in the Amazon are sharing the Gospel in small villages around Parintins. Please pray for confidence and the right words and that God would allow hearts to be soft towards His Truth. Find a prayer calendar here!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP