Monday, September 15, 2008

Focus

Last week I attended a meeting where the speaker discussed the need to focus on the goal and ignore any wobbles that come along as you pick up momentum in your pursuit of the end result. It was a motivational topic that ended up making me think about my life and how often the wobbles that I encounter can throw me off of my focus of the real goal. I recognize very clearly that this life is always going to bring things along that can serve to distract me from my purpose. Not only am I just easily distracted but the Bible also tells me that I have an enemy whose goal is to keep me from a whole-hearted focus on the Lord.

So the question becomes, what is the goal that I'm aiming at? When I sit down and think about it, the mission statement of my life (for lack of a better term) ends up being something along the lines of this:
To live each day in the single-hearted pursuit of knowing the Lord and becoming more like Him as I face various circumstances along the way. Through my hours, I hope that I will become an ever brighter light to this world and continually encourage all those I meet to join me in the pursuit of the Savior.

More simply: To know Him and make Him known.

Things around seek to distract and I know that there will always be wobbles but through them all I hope to not be so distracted as to veer off course and end up sitting on the sidelines instead of finishing the race strong. Just a challenge to my own heart that came from a corporate meeting and was certainly not the goal for the agenda!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP