Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Choice

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
~Joshua 24:15

Every moment of every day I have a choice to make.

Will I continue to follow the God who has never ceased to be faithful in my life or will I decide that it's just not desirable for me to walk after Him? Will I give up the fight for faith or will I battle on even when the path is darker than I'd like and the direction not so clear? Will I choose a road that looks so much easier right now or will I stay where I know God put me even when it is so very hard to persevere?

May God give me the strength to be able to say that I, too, will choose to serve the Lord.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP