Thursday, September 11, 2008

Author? Not me!

All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
~ Psalm 139:16

I love to write and think and analyze and imagine. These things inspire and challenge me and give great passion to my life. Here's what I'm learning right now though:

I am not the author of my life's story. I may have input on some of the pages and I may do things that create twists and turns but I'm not the author. The periods and commas, beginnings and endings of chapters, the ultimate tale that's woven by my days: these are not things that I'm able to write.

God is the author - He knows the tale far better than I do and He has a purpose for each moment and event that exists. Perhaps today I'll stop trying to anticipate the next turn or put a period where God has a comma and simply trust that He is the author, He's in control, and His imagination and love far exceed anything that I have ever experienced. Perhaps today...

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP