Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fixed

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
~ Hebrews 12:2

Sometimes life is just hard. I know it sounds trite and I know that it's something you've heard your entire life but some days it's just the truth.

These days are a swirl of thoughts, emotions, issues, questions, and complexities. I find myself burdened in prayer for so many dear friends even as I work through my own stuff that comes along with just living out the life God has given to me. It is not easy and perhaps it shouldn't be.

For if this journey was easy would I ever truly be drawn to the Word for strength, spending time listening to Him rather than rushing to the next thing? Would I understand as well that without Him I would fail and fall so much more than I already do? Would I be as deeply moved by the promise of what lies ahead if I were more at home in this world? Perhaps the surroundings of the lives we live are what truly remind us that we're made for much more than this and direct our attention to where real hope can be found. Maybe they're what help us to constantly remember to keep our eyes fixed on Him instead of the distractions!

While I walk through these days purposing to set my sights firmly on Christ I also want to remember that each day is a day that He has made no matter what circumstances try to convince me otherwise. I want to still take time to enjoy the beauty of this world, to remember the blessings of amazing fellowship, and aim to glorify the Lord with every breath that I take. I want to always look forward to heaven but also to relish all the moments in the journey on the way!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP