Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chasing Rabbits

And now, a funny story courtesy of my dog:

Brady is a golden retriever and as such, has a chase instinct second to none. One of the things that absolutely drives him nuts is the bunnies that live in our neighborhood. Every walk involves me watching him and calling him back from tearing off after those fluffy morsels. We've taken to walking in the dark lately as it fits my schedule better than trying to take him out while it's still light and I don't think he's bothered by it at all. However, it does make it more difficult for me to see the rabbits before he does so I have to pay more attention to him so that I don't loose my hand as he takes off.

Normally I've got this down to an art and he's pretty predictable in his reactions because the rabbits always run when he starts getting close. However, a couple evenings ago we were out and all of the sudden he charged what appeared to be a bunny sitting in the grass...

That statue must have been surprised...but not as surprised as my puppy! I'm just glad he didn't chip his tooth! Perhaps he needs glasses! :)

No deep thoughts for now...just some silliness!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP