Friday, August 22, 2008

Unexplainable

God is too big.
Too big to comprehend fully, explain always, understand completely, fathom totally, define finitely, and to box up in any way.
There is too much power, mercy, grace, compassion, love, justice, strength, meekness, wonder, knowledge, courage, wisdom, wrath, peace, patience, obedience, and hope found in Him that I just can't even begin to explain.
If I were to study every moment for the remainder of my life I would not be able to tell you everything about anything that has to do with the Lord.

Yet God is also small.
He knows every tear that falls and every hair on your head. He knows what you need and what you desire and what your heart cries out for in the quietness of your soul in the middle of the night. He knows every sparrow on the wing and every plant in the ground. He lives in and through and around you and uses you to accomplish His purposes here on earth. He loves every thing that you're made of and calls you beautiful as He sings over you. He knows your mind and every thought that you have and why you have it. He sacrificed His only Son for you because He loved you with such great immensity and longed for an intimate relationship with you. He's closer than your family, than your best friend, than your spouse. He wants to be everything to you and take you to places that you've not even dreamed you can go.

If you can fully explain or understand who this God is and how He works in the world then you are a far wiser person than me. All I've got is wonder and amazement and worship.

So, if you've ever read this blog and thought that I must be some scholar who understands all of these things about God let me assure you - I count myself among the lowest in my knowledge of this God. I like to ponder and think and wonder and explain but the truth at the end of the day is that I never ever can do justice to figuring out the creator of this universe and, quite frankly, I'm totally ok with that.

I thank Him for the way He draws me in and lets me ponder on the mysteries of Him but I don't ever want to reach the depths of that pool and I'm quite assured that even if it was my goal, it's not attainable on this side of eternity and probably not on the other either.

And that's all I have to say today.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP