Sunday, August 10, 2008

Restful Moments

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
- Sir John Lubbock

Today I'm sitting in a local coffee shop simply enjoying the time that I have to stop, think, reflect, and enjoy the life that God has given me. I so often keep myself busy running from thing to thing that I seldom take time to truly pause and enjoy the reality of this amazing world that God has given to us.

I find myself being so much more purposeful in my resting right now - I have just found myself in one of those places where there is very little to do other than sit and wait on the Lord and I'm taking the opportunity to really relax and enjoy the moments. I'm certain that at some point in the future God will provide new opportunities for busyness and I will struggle to find time to relax but for today I'm remembering that rest comes from Him and sometimes the very best thing that I can do is to stop, take the day off from things, and just be in the moment. After all, moments are what this life is made up of and if I don't appreciate them when they come I'll never be able to appreciate them to their fullest when they're gone! So, enjoy your cup of coffee and the opportunities that you have to break from the busy world we so often get sucked up in! Make the most of every minute - each one is a blessing from the Lord!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP