Monday, August 11, 2008

Trust Absolutely

So trust him absolutely, people; lay your lives on the line for him. God is a safe place to be.
~ Psalm 62:8 (The Message)

I love what this verse says and the way that it says it. This is not an optional statement, it's a requirement - to throw ourselves out there upon the hands of the Lord and completely surrender to Him. The great thing though is that God does not just ask us to jump off the side of a cliff with no net. Instead, He promises us that He is a safe place so that no matter how insane the path looks or how far out on a limb you may get you can know that if you're where the Lord asks you to be then you're held safely in His arms and there is no need to worry or fear.

This is undoubtedly a lesson that's easier said than done but the truth is that sometimes God needs us to take part in a little bit of cliff jumping so that He may truly be glorified through our lives. So, let us listen to Him and when He brings us to the edge of a cliff that we'd much rather back away from, let us be bold in our trust and step off of it with arms outstretched, knowing that He is the one who sustains us and He is the only reliable safe place to be!

Here's what a little card that sits on my desk says:
Trust - in HIS timing
Rely - on HIS promises
Wait - for HIS answers
Believe - in HIS miracles
Rejoice - in HIS goodness
Relax - in HIS presence

I just thought it went along with this verse and wanted to share it with you - may you be encouraged by what God is doing in your life even if you can't see it right now!

2 comments:

Shanda said...

I like that. I'm writing it down. :o)

coneandmo said...

I like it! :) Thanks for the reminder!

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP