Friday, August 15, 2008

Soul Restoring

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
~ Psalm 23:1-3

God is such a good shepherd; providing for us in our times of need and making sure that we take time to be still and then showing us our next paths. The picture that we see in scripture of this God is absolutely unfathomable to my mind. I simply can't wrap my brain around the character of my Lord - His unwavering faithfulness, His intimate association with His people, His sacrificial servanthood, His great compassion and love...this God is incredible!

I'm on my way out of town today to spend time with my dear sister and her husband and I know that it will be a time where God allows me to rest and continues to restore my soul. I'm not a proponent of running away from hard times but sometimes it is worth taking those moments and letting God restore you for the journey ahead. We all need rest - He made us that way! So, I may be out of pocket a bit over the next couple of days but know that if you're in need of any encouragement, pick up that BIBLE and start reading...it's all in there! :)

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP