Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tired

The moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves...and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.
- Romans 8:26-28 (The Message)

It seems like a long long journey from where I've been to where I am and I know that the destination is not reached yet. I am ever more convinced that God walks beside me, giving me strength and encouragement on the road, and I'm even more convinced that I desperately need it. Here I find myself, tired and weary, just trying to walk where He leads and so needing Him to just stay with me in the moment. The reassurance is that I know that He will and so I can rest there and find refuge. Also, in the long run I can be certain that even these moments will be part of something that God has planned and that He calls good.

"God walks with us... He scoops us up in His arms or simply sits with us in silent strength until we cannot avoid the awesome recognition that yes, even now, He is here."
- Gloria Gaither

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP