Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Daily

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

- Lamentations 3:22-26

First I have to say that these are some truly sweet verses and if you just blew right past them, please go back and dwell there for a minute - my thoughts on them are nothing compared to the truth found above.

I wouldn't claim to be all that great at sitting and waiting quietly - I tend to try to work through things in my head so that I can move forward in a different direction, making adjustments based on what I've come through. In these days though, I am finding myself stuck, just going through the motions of facing every new day, not really moving a whole lot in any one direction. I don't like it much - I'd rather be able to find momentum and move - but I sense that perhaps this is just where God wants me for now. Not able to figure out the next path, not able to understand the prior steps, just stuck in the waiting on Him. Yet through the wait I am recognizing that each day reflects His faithfulness and His provision and that truthfully, it is good (although not easy) to wait quietly until He moves me on.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP