Saturday, July 19, 2008

Challenge

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Proverbs 3:5-6

Today I did not want to write this verse or think about the reality that's found here but this is where God is working on me at this moment. The truth is that right now I want my own understanding...or at least to feel like I have some. I do trust the Lord but I struggle with my own feelings. This is where God calls to me from.

God does not call me to understand or develop the best strategy for a situation. He doesn't promise that I'll know the path or its end goal or that I'll even realize that I'm on the right one. What He does do is tell me to trust Him completely and to give Him glory for the road I'm on and to know that straightness to Him might look different than I think it should. The truth is that my understanding is always always going to be limited by the finiteness of my thinking. I am never going to be able to understand the different pieces that God creates and uses and that's why I can't spend forever trying to lean on my own thoughts.

Even when it's exceptionally hard, I long to trust only Him and not be driven by my thoughts and feelings no matter how strong they might be. I want to be able to say that this verse defines my actions and thoughts no matter how strange they might look to those who are watching. I'm not there but maybe each day brings me a little closer.

1 comment:

The Flesher Family said...

praying for you during this time. Keep your head up girl....I know this seems like a big valley but know that God ALWAYS has something great in store...whatever that might be. Take care.
Lindsey

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP