Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hope

I hang on to a hope founded in the Lord with everything I have. Nothing else will ever provide the security which this hope does. It is the thing that allows me to look at the circumstances of my life and find peace, joy, and even happiness no matter what I'm going through. I may not always have the emotion but I do have the security of being held in this hope. Grab onto this hope and trust it - it is where faith lives!

For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
- Romans 8:24-25

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
- Hebrews 10:23

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
- Psalm 25:4-5

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.
- Psalm 31:24

We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.
- Psalm 33:20

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
- Psalm 62:5-6

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP