Monday, July 28, 2008

Not Like Me

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
- Isaiah 55:9

God does not act as I would choose to have Him to act. He does not think as I would have Him think. He does not answer when I would have Him shout.

All I can say about that is thank goodness it is true! If God were to respond in ways that I anticipated and do what I would do then how small He would be...and how hard it would be for me to be knocked off my feet and surprised by Him! In the long run I'm happy to see that He loves me enough to not take my suggestions for things! For now I attempt to rest knowing that I'll never be able to see what God has planned but believing that this is part of how His love for me is made known.

I want to experience the unknown, spontaneous, surprising things that God has for me - to trust Him and stop trying to figure it out! Yet again, steps in a journey, not an overnight change for me!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP