Friday, July 18, 2008

Reboot

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
- Lamentations 3:22-23

When I lay down at the end of a long day, worn out by the battles that I've fought, I find comfort in knowing that with sleep comes a newness of God's mercies and that on the other side of night, I will be able to step out again to fight more battles with the Lord by my side. I am assured that although I do not have the option of forgetting what has come before and starting completely fresh, God does every day. So, as the present moves along turning the future into the past and I am left with the results of moments in time, I hold on to the fact that at the opening of each day, I can arise knowing that God is fully capable of sustaining me and His compassion towards me is renewed, giving me strength.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP