Sunday, March 1, 2009

Missing It

Today I'm missing it. I'm fighting to see the silver lining in what is momentarily looking like clouds of rain. I'm attending the meetings and singing the songs and taking the notes but I'm missing it. I'm in a funk.

I don't know what's going on in my head. I feel like there must be something that's occupying my thoughts or making me fret but there's no thought that's popping to the surface. Instead I just seem to be struggling to make the connection.

I feel out of sorts with friends and church and work and school and maybe even a bit with God Himself. I'm just not clicking along on all cylinders and that makes the journey seem rough.

I know God is working. I'm seeing amazing proof of an active God in stories all over the place. Prayers that I have begged God to answer are being answered and most of them are being answered in amazingly blessed ways!

I know my life is full of beautiful things and experiences and relationships and I fully believe that I'm right where God has placed me for this season.

I know all this but today I think I'm missing it. My heart just hasn't been in it and I'm focused on the struggles instead of the God who allows them and provides in the midst of them.

I think this is my deal. It so often comes down to perspective in my life. I miss the forest for the trees. Pretty sure that's my deal now.

So I'm going to take the next little bit of time and try to look at the forest. I know God's so very big. I just need to step back and see Him for who He is. He's not limited by my sight, only I am.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP