Friday, March 6, 2009

Gonna Have To Disagree

Who doesn't remember it? That touching moment where little Bambi meets up with the skunk and decides to call him Flower? Come on! So cute, so sweet, so precious! I mean, surely these little striped critters can't really smell too much, right?


Well, pardon me on this one but I'm going to have to disagree.

See, in a random incident (the type that tend to follow me around) I, or perhaps better yet, my car, became the recipient of an entire load of skunk yesterday. For the record, I didn't hit it. The big jeep in front of me did though and somehow it deposited the entire little animal's parting gift all over my car. Nice, huh? Although I'm certain it made for an entertaining show if the guy had just looked in his rearview mirror! :)

It was NOT GOOD.

At that point my car reeks both inside and out and I have no choice but to carry on with my day because if I'm late to class I will likely be killed and used as an experiment in coming weeks by my professor. I run home to feed Brady who is fascinated by the sudden smell-a-palooza coming from the area of the garage which I wouldn't even pull in to! Realize when I'm inside the house that it's possible that I also smell like skunk...or my nose just believes everything smells like skunk since my vehicle basically took a bath in it. Switch clothes quickly hoping that Brady doesn't decide to tear mine to pieces looking for whatever made THAT SMELL!!! Head to class just praying that it's really not me. Uneventful class (thank goodness) but the formaldehyde scent that permeates the classroom at all times might have given me an edge! :)

Head back home hoping to pass a car wash on the way. No such luck. Get home and seriously debate about whether it's disippated enough to park in the garage. Decide to chance it. Roommate and I discover that skunk travels through closed doors. Hmmm. Who has more fun than me? Not too bad though and I figured it will only get better with time! She puts up with a lot...and I promise that I'm not trying to run her off! :)

Wake up this morning and head to work. My friend and I always make a coffee run on Fridays and we discussed who should drive. I said I was willing to but that she should know that my car kind of smelled like skunk. I then rephrased: does smell like skunk. Don't think she believed me until she got in and asked, "Are you sure that it's not in the car?"

So, I've since driven around town with the windows open and gotten a car wash. Here's hoping that the worst is now behind us! All this to say though, Disney may have an incredible empire but they can't force me to ever believe that skunks and flowers smell the same! :) Unless we're talking about that weird corpse flower that smells like something died...then they might have something!

Just thought I'd share. Always an adventure with me!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP