Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Beaten

My goodness it's been one of those days...and it's only 11:35.

Makes me wonder what it would take to get out of work for the rest of the day...vial of plague? sick dog/roommate/squirrel outside the window? brain oozing out from my ears? bursting into tears when someone asks what time it is?

Hmmm...not sure any of those would really work but if I had a card to play, today I think I'd play it.

It's all the result of too much work, too few people, and me scurrying around like a mouse on crack trying to dot all the i's and cross all the t's.

In a word, icky.

I need a laugh and some stress relief and maybe a big hug.

Guess I'll settle for closing down IM so nobody can find me without coming to my office and maybe turning off the lights and just pretending I'm not here.

Such grace under pressure. Or something...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the cartoon... I hope your day gets better! (Do you need me to pretend I'm sick... hm... maybe we shouldn't lie... I could injure myself!)

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP