Wednesday, November 11, 2009

{Gratitude} 11 of 30

Today I'm thankful for modern medicine. I watched as a friend faced emergency surgery and marveled at the technology available at our fingertips. At the same time I was thinking of how grateful I was for these incredible machines I was also realizing that what we have we so often take for granted. My thankfulness is greatly increased simply by being aware of the great blessings we have at being able to go to a choice of hospitals with all of the modern medicines available. On this thought's heels comes the remembrance that to whom much is given, much is expected. So while I'm incredibly thankful for medicine, I'm also incredibly aware that we must use our lives to share with others who are less fortunate than us.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP