Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Springboards

We all have...current relationships and responsibilities we can too easily take for granted. If we're wise, we'll see our duties not as unimportant ways to bide our time, but as springboards, launching us into God's plan and purpose for our future.
~ Joshua Harris

This quote makes me happy today! I think so very often I find myself looking at my days and just passing the time even when I attempt to make each moment count and not to rush past the present in search of the future. I am so often guilty of taking my current placement in life for granted - I go to work and count hours until I'm done, I take care of my house while wishing that the acorns would stop falling out of the trees so I didn't have so much to deal with, I spend time with friends but so often there is a voice in the back of my head reminding me of so many other things that still remain on my lists to accomplish.

These moments, every single one of them, are presented to me by God as places where I can wisely invest myself for a future that shines with God's purposes. This work that I do; I am here to learn for the next career path that God provides. This home I live in; I care for it because doing so increases my skills in caring for things entrusted to me in this life. These friends I have; incredible blessings who add to my daily joy and sharpen me as I walk through life.

All the things that I might try to rush through are things which I want to see as springboards towards the future God has planned for me. I want to be content in the here and now while always looking for the next places that I am to move.

Lord, help me not to rush through things or take any opportunities for granted. Help me to savor each moment and challenge and movement of your hand in my life. Use these times to prepare me for the next steps in this journey and help me not to waste the time you so graciously give. Amen.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP