Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Joy

"Give up the bitterness, the anger, the sadness for what isn't,
that you wish you had.
And embrace the gift of what you do have.
For therein is really what you want more of:
Joy."

~Elisabeth Elliot

It's hard sometimes to let go of our wishes and our desires and our hopes. We would much rather nurture them and somehow, through the nurturing, eventually see them through to reality. This is not what God calls us to. He calls us to set aside our desires that they might become His and, in doing so, that we may be incomparably blessed through experiencing the transformation of our souls to long for what He longs for.

Our wishes fall flat when compared to the dreams that our Lord has for us. He places us where He wants us for the times that He wants us there and when we are able to truly embrace that fact, then we find ourselves in the place where joy lives.

Lord, Help me not to hold on to any dreams that are not from you or spend my time wishing for things that you have not provided right now. Instead, help me be fully content in each moment as you help me to dream your dreams and rain down your joy on me. Amen.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP