Thursday, October 16, 2008

Economics

Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, then, put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations, and say continually: "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart has trusted in Him and I am helped. He is not only with me but in me and I in Him."
~ St. Francis de Sales

I have hesitated to write anything about the current economic situation that the world is facing for several reasons. The first is that I honestly don't fully understand what is going on and the second is that I don't want to worry and fear something that I can not control or encourage others to do so.

All that being said, I do want to take just a minute to remind you of where we need to continually place our hope, trust, and where we should go to seek peace. The reality is that God sets up the nations of the world and He is the rightful owner of all that exists. While the world scrambles to undo messes that have been made and people stress over the decline of bank accounts, I hope to remain fixed on the eternal goodness and provision of our Lord. The truth is that as Americans we are abundantly blessed with far beyond the basic necessities and while the current crisis is challenging, we should never cease to remember that we have been given a great deal by a gracious Lord for many years.

Perhaps He is trying to get our attention with the current situation and if there's one thing that I would hope for, it is that through the struggles of the current day we will see people turning towards the Lord for strength and direction and perhaps that revival would visit the nations of the world.

As the world worries around us please try to remove yourself from the panic long enough to focus your attention on the one who completely knows your needs and has sufficient resources to care for you no matter what you are facing. It may be hard but I believe that in the long run the testimony of Christians in times such as these will be powerful witnesses to a world tied up in seeking success from bank accounts and status. Stand firm on the foundation of Christ and reach out to those who are struggling with the hands of God and hearts overflowing with love and sympathy.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP