Monday, January 5, 2009

Slow Start

For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
~T.S. Eliot

Here we are, 5 days into the new year already! Five days and nary a post. Somewhat unbelievable given the number of thoughts that race through my head on any given day! :)

The time has come though. It's time to write again!

My exuberance for this year has not yet waned. Resolutions have been only half-way formulated and I'm thoroughly enjoying my quest to identify a theme verse or song or quote. I'm starting things off slowly which is perhaps a good thing given the fact that I know things are about to pick up and a whirlwind of activity will ensue! The busyness of life is beckoning but in these moments I am holding it at arm's length and enjoying cozy evenings of reading and writing and snuggling with the dog (the so very spoiled dog who slept on the bed last night because I'm weak and miss the cat which is a totally different story) and chatting with my roommate (because sleep is less important than laughter).

Five days into it, I feel like I'm still waiting to figure out this year's voice. To begin to hear the songs that God is singing around and over me and to sense His direction and calling on the upcoming days. My path is curiously unlit and yet I sense a distant horizon. I'm poised here on the edge of 360 more days and I am believing God for some amazing things. Today I'm not sure what's going to happen tomorrow. I don't know what roads my feet will journey down or where I'll be in the end.

However, I am assured of some things. First, God will be faithful even if all else fails. Second, my path will be illuminated when I need to see the next step. Third, there are going to be incredible stories in these days. Fourth and final, where I have come from equips me to walk where I have yet to go.

So as this new year begins and used up calendars are tossed out and winter starts to become spring, let's all remember that the end of the old is the beginning of the new and it's time to embrace the life that God means for us to live. Life in abundance. It's what He gives and I am so very excited to see just what that means in 2009!

A most happy new year to all of you and it's my prayer that you'll walk closer with God in the coming days than ever before!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP