Thursday, January 29, 2009

Heavy

Today's moments seem measured in sorrows. Quite frankly this is one of those days where distressing news seems to just keep coming into my world every time I plug in to the goings on beyond my office.

Today I had plans to write about something that might even have brought hope to those whose struggles I'm seeing but the truth is that I just don't feel like polishing my words and figuring out how the pieces fit together. What I do feel is sadness. Sadness for those who are hurting and trying to make sense of a world that all too often leaves us with broken hearts.

My soul hurts for those who are hurting in these moments. I long for peace and comfort and understanding and provision on their behalf.

It draws me to cry out, "Come now, Lord Jesus!" This world hurts and today I'm overwhelmed by the pains. Today I long even more for those moments when every tear will be wiped away and God makes all things new.

I can't explain the pain or bring understanding to the sorrow. What I can do is say that there is hope beyond today because God never promises without delivering.

To those who are hurting, whether I know you or not, please be comforted by the love of God and the prayers of this girl on your behalf.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.
~Revelation 21:3-7

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP