Friday, April 18, 2008

Serving Boston

Our first complete day in Boston has come and gone and as I sit down at the end of the day I feel somewhat worn out but also energized. There is something about this city that I find invigorating and interesting and I really enjoy the time that I get to spend here. We spent the morning passing out granola bars and then hanging flyers for an art festival on neighborhood doors. Following lunch at Bartley's Burgers we passed out water and then headed to Fenway to catch the Sox in a game with none other than our hometown Rangers.

All in all it made for a long day and the weather, while beautiful, was warm and left our entire team somewhat drained. As I sit here and reflect on the day though the things that stick in my mind most are how much I enjoy passing out items to the residents of this city and the unity that's formed among the group that's here.

Granola bars and water in and of themselves may be very unimportant but I believe that with each item that leaves our hands and moves into the hands of a willing recipient God is doing work. It's not always work in my life, it's just a reflection of obedience in me - but I believe that He's working among the residents...building up the faith of those brothers and sisters in the city and softening hearts of those who don't know Him already. It's quite easy for me to simply obey the Lord in this area and I'm amazed that He uses my obedience to open doors for others to know Him. I will never cease to be amazed at the things God uses to get people's attention!

I also have to mention the team here as the last mission trip I went on suffered from a lack of one-mindedness and it had a huge impact on the effectiveness we really had. There is none of that here though as God has simply pulled us each from our spots, given us all a passion for Him and reaching others, and bound us together using Boston as the base. Truthfully I feel that the biggest requirement of any mission is that all people be called by God to be there. Beyond that, anything is possible. This team is just another blessing in a life already so full and I just appreciate so much that God uses other members of the family to encourage and walk with me as I seek to follow Him.

Please continue to pray...may He do miracles in lives before our time here ends!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP