Thursday, April 17, 2008

Boston Bound - The 2008 Version!

It's that time of year again, time for me to make my annual journey up to the wonderful city in the east! I'm excited to return to visit old friends and make new ones, to sleep on an air mattress in a church that has stood for such a very long time, and to reach out and make a positive impact on people who are passing by.

This trip challenges me in its uniqueness - it isn't a typical missions trip in any way! Rather it is a reminder of the challenge to live out my faith in everything I do - to reach out to all those I come in contact with and endeavor to reflect the light of Christ to them.

At times I wonder if the fact that I've made this journey for so many years makes me callous to what God can do through the time. However, I know as I write this that God is already preparing great things in the city of Boston, things that I can only count myself as privileged for being able to take part in. I don't know what will be done in the next six days but I'm certain that God has something big up His sleeves, whether I see it directly or not!

As always, please remember our team in prayer! Check out the prayer guide at http://www.prestonwoodyoungsingles.org/index.cfm/pageid/1218/index.html and join with us in seeking God's favor as we aim to share His love and light with those who don't yet know Him!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP