Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Quack Quack Waddle Waddle

A couple of weeks ago as I was getting ready for work Brady alerted me to potentially very scary activities outside the house. Being a 70 pound retriever who is somewhat frightened by his own shadow, I tend not to jump when he decides to hit the high decibel range that others might associate with an eminent nuclear attack. However, he was completely beside himself this morning, running from my room out to the living room and back which, after about twenty times, makes me think something really is up.

I made my way out to the back door, fully expecting to see nothing of interest. However, this time as a surprise of all surprises there actually was something to see. And that something was none other than two wayward ducks, waddling through the growing grass. As Brady did a dance of joy thinking that I was about to let him unleash all of his instinctual retrieverism on those poor ducks, they must have caught sight of us and lifted off and were soon out of view.

Here's hoping they found a lovely pond! And I stand corrected Sir Brady, sometimes there are important things in the backyard that just must be attended to RIGHT NOW! My apologies most excellent retriever dog!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP