Thursday, December 31, 2009

Get Set...

It's coming, very soon now: the end of one year and beginning of another!

I know in my head that tomorrow is just another day, that things that are happening today will happen tomorrow and that stories that are currently being revealed in my life will continue on with the dawning of a new day.

I know it in my head. My heart kind of disagrees.

My heart is excited by the magical turning of a calendar page to a clean slate, to an empty book of pages, to the symbolic meaning behind January 1st. I am perhaps a romantic at heart but I love the idea of a wide open road that's as yet unknown but that is within reach. It just makes me giddy!

So, I'm poised on the brink of a new year. I'm thinking through resolutions, I'm searching for a 2010 verse and a song, I'm making preparations for the anticipated but undefined!

Lest anyone not know, I must tell you that this anticipation comes from the Lord. It's not something that has always come naturally to me but it's a place where I've seen God refine and grow and push me in. I look forward with hope and optimism not because I am so great or my circumstances are so great (although I honestly can't complain either) but because my God is so great! Whatever may come in the next 365 days is not a surprise to the sovereign God who loves me in ways I can't begin to comprehend. The more I realize this, the more I'm excited and not just with the passing of another year but with the passing of each and every day! With the realization that He is constantly, sovereignly at work in my life and in me I grow to rejoice in every new morning that He gives.

So the new year is wonderful in its newness and promise. But at the same time, every single day that I live and breathe on this earth is infused with the same joyful anticipation because the God who reigns in my todays will reign in my tomorrows and that's far and away the best thing to get excited about!

Until He comes, let us praise Him with our lives!

A most happy and blessed new year to all!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP