Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Get Ready...

It's New Year's Eve Eve and I'm tying up things with ribbons and bows in preparation for saying farewell to 2009. The blog has a new look (which I adore and am sad to realize can't stay for long since it's got a Christmas tree), donations are made, closet is emptied (!), bills are paid, and the little ticks of the clock are counting down the last days of the year.

I am excited! I am overwhelmingly, exuberantly, excited about the coming year. I have no idea what it holds, I don't know what I'll do or where I'll go or what stories I'll have told when I sit here next year on the second to last day of 2010.

However, for now I must stop and say that 2009 has been good for me. No, better than good. It's been a great year! Sure, there have been struggles and pains but overall, this year has definitely been tipped towards the good and I'm somewhat sad to see it go. Sad to say goodbye but thrilled to say hello!

Today, though, I'm pausing in gratitude for the days that have come and the joys and sorrows and memories made this year. God has been so very very good and always so very very faithful. All praise to Him for what has been and all glory to Him for what will come. He has been the ribbon of joy that's colored all of my days this past year and I long only for Him to be reflected in every moment that is to come.

What has been has been very good. What will come will be very good. My God is always very good. That's real joy!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP