Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009

He comes down;
down from the heights of absolute being
into time and space,
down into humanity;
down further still, ...
to the very roots and seabed
of the Nature He has created.
But He goes down to come up again
and bring the whole ruined world
up with Him.
~C.S. Lewis

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."
~Luke 2:10-11

Wherever you are today, whatever your circumstance, whatever burden you might carry. Let me be the first to remind you that this is a day to rejoice for the God who loves you stepped into a world wrought with sin and held captive by evil to redeem and rescue and restore you so that you might live in peace both in this world and in the world to come. My prayer is that you would know Him and that His love would permeate your life in such a way that you may never be the same.

A most very merry and joyful Christmas to you.
For the Lord has come and we are forever changed!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP