Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Way We Live

We all have...current relationships and responsibilities we can too easily take for granted. If we're wise, we'll see our duties not as unimportant ways to bide our time, but as springboards, launching us into God's plan and purpose for our future.
~Joshua Harris

God's various gifts are handed out everywhere; but they all originate in God's Spirit. God's various ministries are carried out everywhere; but they all originate in God's Spirit. God's various expressions of power are in action everywhere; but God himself is behind it all. Each person is given something to do that shows who God is:
Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits.

~1 Corinthians 12:4-7

I love it when I run across two things that both speak to the same topic! These also go along so well with my thoughts of yesterday and I wanted to share them too!

I sense such a challenge in my life and the lives of those I know to make good use of the moments that we're given. Perhaps you wish that you were in a different place, with a different person, in a different stage of life. I hate to have to write it, but our wishing won't change anything!

There's another option for us instead of just pointlessly wishing for things that aren't in our lives at the moment. Instead, what if we fully embraced these moments we have, realizing that every aspect of our lives and personalities and places are things that God himself is behind? What if in every choice we made we remembered the last part of the above verse, that each person is given something to do that shows who God is?

How different would our lives, our thoughts, our world look if we began to live like this? How many of us are created for such awesome things and miss them because we take our moments and days and years for granted, focusing on things that may or may not come and not engaging in the here and now?

I just wonder. For myself and for others.

God, help me be different in the way I live.

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP