Tuesday, October 13, 2009

In The Doing

We find greatest joy, not in getting, but in expressing what we are.... People do not really live for honors or for pay; their gladness is not the taking and holding, but in doing, the striving, the building, the living.... The happy person is the one who lives the life of love, not for the honors it may bring, but for the life itself.
~ R.J. Baughan

This quote made me think of the following wisdom that Paul shares with us in Ephesians 2:10:
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do.

You and I, we've been created to do. We're not just here to pass the time or count the hours. We're here for the accomplishment of the acts of living, the acts of embracing every moment given to us by God for the purposes of His kingdom. We're not here to just be or collect or exist. We're here to live abundantly full lives, enabled and determined by a God who loves us because we are His and He made us for these moments.

I want to make sure that in every circumstance I'm striving to live a life marked by doing and experiencing and embracing. Let my life be characterized by the doing of the works that God made me to do!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP