Monday, July 9, 2007

Return to Reality

Yes, it's been ages since I last wrote. Yes, I do still remember that I have a blog out here. Yes, I know that the five people who read it are probably frustrated that I haven't written anything in over a month! Yes, I will try to be better! :)

I do apologize for the length of time between posts but in my defense, things in my world have been swirling like crazy and I was out of town for two weeks in there! Ok, enough excuses.

Today was my first day back at work after a week of forced vacation - that's something that sounds good until you realize you have to use your vacation days during the time designated by the company. It was hard to come back but I think that after a couple days things will start rolling again and I'll get back in the groove.

My week off was full of home improvement projects and I have to say that for as much work as I did, my home doesn't look much better than it did at the beginning of the week! My biggest struggle is the yard - a word I still use rather loosely especially in the front. I knew that I was in trouble when I learned how much it had rained but then I got a notice from the city telling me that my grass was too long. I had figured that I'd be ok because I didn't have a homeowner's association but it turns out that the city too can get in on the deal. Of course, I suspect that I have a neighbor to blame but I'm trying not to point fingers when I don't know if I should.

So, all this to say, things have been busy but I do want to continue writing to check back in to see what new things are going on in my world - I can't promise they'll always be thrilling but hopefully they'll entertain somewhat!

Thanks for checking back in - I'm happy to be back!

1 comment:

coneandmo said...

Yeah! I'm glad you're back! :) I don't think you're boring, I love to read blogs!!!! Getting back into the swing of things is tough, but glad you're getting back in.
Take care!
MO

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP