Monday, April 9, 2007

Faith to Stand

Today I find myself fighting for the joy that I know comes from knowing the Lord and walking through my days with Him. It doesn't seem that it should be so hard and yet, some days it just is. This is one of those times. However, as those of you who know me are already aware, music is one of my greatest sources of inspiration and today is no exception. I heard two songs today, both of which just helped me to stand strong knowing that no matter how I might feel or what circumstances I might find myself in, God is always faithful and true. So, here's what I've been listening to today (and I highly recommend picking up these albums as they are both AWESOME)!

First, from one of my all-time favorite artists, is "Believe Me Now" by Stephen Curtis Chapman. This whole song reminds me that God never ceases to be present and giving us strength but this section in particular struck me this morning:

"You hear the enemy
That's closing in around you
And I know that you don't have the strength to fight
But do you have the faith to stand and...

[Chorus:]
Believe Me now, believe Me here
Remember all the times I've told you loud and clear
I am with you and I am for you
So believe Me now, believe Me now "

Second, a relatively new song from another favorite artist is "How Can I Keep from Singing" by Chris Tomlin. This song just reminds me that no matter what I'm going through today or how down I'm feeling at this moment, someday it will all be gone in the reality that is heaven and because of that, I just can't stop talking about and rejoicing in the goodness of God. Great song!!!

"I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And I fall down again

I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer

I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne

How can I keep from singing Your praise?
How can I ever say enough?
How amazing is Your love?
How can I keep from shouting Your name?
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing"

I hope these encourage your heart today as they encouraged mine!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP