Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Boston Bound

Tomorrow I set off to spend a bit of time in wonderful Boston, Massachusetts! This will be the third time I've traveled there and it gets under my skin a bit more each time. The reason I've gone each time is to partner with a small church up there, Hope Fellowship, and help them out with whatever ministry they have going on at the moment.

This time we'll be working on reaching out to the community through handing out granola bars during rush hour, spending time with the college students, helping somehow with the Boston Marathon, and scoping out possible sites for the church to move to in the future. The thing about this trip though is that one can never know exactly how everything is going to happen - we have a tentative plan but I love the fact that everything is kind of free-flowing. We might switch things around or skip over things or do something completely different than we've ever done before. The whole trip just reminds me that in my life things are best experienced just by going with the flow and not fighting the direction things are moving. It's led to some great experiences in Boston in the past and I have no reason to expect this trip to be any different.

So, as I finish packing everything into my subway-friendly suitcase and get ready to fly four hours to the east, I'll just ask that you pray for our team as we go. Pray that we would have open hearts for the people of Boston, that we would meet them where they are and truly share the love of God with them in any way that we can. Pray for safety and guidance and health. Pray for unity and that God would work in mighty ways among our team and those that we come in contact with. Finally, pray for Hope Fellowship and the powerful work that they're doing up there as they seek to reach out and truly be God's hands and feet in a world where the Gospel is not popular and the people often feel that they don't need the Lord.

Above all else, our team covets your prayers as we go only to serve the Lord and seek to make His name known and we know that prayer is the requirement for success there. Thanks for joining us in prayer! All glory to God for what He will do!

"[I]f my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP