Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Well

Today I was sitting at my computer and the hymn "It Is Well" began playing through the speakers. I've always loved this hymn and part of the power is knowing the story that the hymn writer walked through prior to penning the words. Yet today that wasn't what brought tears to my eyes.

Instead, it was the reality that it truly is well with my soul. Come what may, through good and bad, no matter the path, it is always always for eternity going to be well with my soul.

Not because of anything I have to offer but because of a payment made on my behalf by a God who was not obligated to me or enchanted by any charms that I may possess. Rather, in spite of my sins and my pathetic attempts at goodness, He still chose to give His life so that I may be redeemed.

At the cross I received the ability to sing and to know that it truly is well with my soul. Incredible.

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
2 Corinthians 5:21

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP