Sunday, May 27, 2007

Full Circle

I've been challenged for the last month by many friends to come back to the world of writing - to not stay lost in Boston (as they have so eloquently put it) where my last post left me.

After some (ok, a lot) of thought, I've decided to return and see what I might have to share again as I move along my paths.

Blogging is a funny thing - you start it thinking that you're just going to send your words out into the world with no ramifications but at the same time, the fact that you're writing to the world without specific targets makes the entire proposition a little scary. Over the course of the last month I've had people discuss why blogs are both good and bad and I've read a couple of articles about blogging that have really made me stop and think. One such article comes from the Pulpit online magazine and I encourage you to read this if you're writing (or thinking of doing so): (http://www.sfpulpit.com/2007/04/25/the-blog-in-our-eyes-part-1/).

At the end of all this thinking, I've come to realize that blogging is an imperfect art. There's no guarantee that what I have to say will be well received or received at all. There's no promise of a solution to life's problems and there's no quick and easy fix for the struggles we all face.

However, for what it's worth, I still have the same aim that I had when I first sat down at this computer and began to write. That aim is to glorify God along my road and hopefully to lead each person who reads my words into a bigger understanding of who He is.

With that being said, if I ever fail at this point, I ask you to please contact me. I may not be able to control all the thoughts that you might think as you read this but I really hope that I might be able to be a friend on the other side of your screen and I'd love to be able to encourage you to walk in the truth and most definitely to answer any questions you might have.

So, I'll leave you now but I hope to share a new story soon and you can rest assured for the moment that I've returned safely from Boston and continue on with my daily life!

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP