Friday, March 30, 2007

In the Waiting

One of my most favorite songs is one that I just randomly heard one day on the radio but it had such a message that it just stuck with me. I've since heard it a couple more times but I don't know who sings it or really much else about it except the chorus. For some reason, various events I've been going through brought that song to mind today so I thought I'd share it. The chorus goes mostly like this:

"You are in the waiting. In those moments of my life where my faith and hope collide. While my heart's anticipating how and when You'll move, that's when You prove, that You are in the waiting too."

This song speaks to how God exists in the moments while we're looking forward to the next bend in the road. To those times when it feels that we've been stuck in the same holding pattern for ages and we're just not sure how we're going to get out. I think a lot of the time I'm tempted to want to rush ahead and push through the wait and find the next milestone so that I can mark it off on my journey. However, I've found through the years that this isn't what the Lord wants for me at all. Instead, He wants me to find peace, contentment, and patience in the slow times and above all to see Him in those places just as much as I see Him in the momentous events.

I understand the desire to move on to something new and exciting but I think that the more we allow the Lord to satisfy our hearts in the waiting times, the more we are able to glorify and praise Him when He does move us on. For all who find themselves in the waiting, be encouraged that the Lord does not move at the wrong time for our lives - He guides us along the path asking that we trust Him and allow Him to work as He sees fit. He uses time and the journey to work in our lives in order to make us more like Him.

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." - 2 Peter 3:9

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP