Thursday, March 22, 2007

Feels Like Today

The other day I was listening to the Rascal Flatts song "Feels Like Today" and I had the most interesting thought. Ok, maybe it was just interesting to me but I'll let you be the judge of that!

Basically, I was thinking about those days when I wake up and really feel like something huge is going to happen that day. Those days when the anticipation of something big almost tosses me out of bed in readiness to face the day. However, sometimes those mornings happen but then the day goes by without me ever seeing anything special occur in my world. At the end of the day I stop to think through things and realize that I was so excited for something to happen but that big feeling didn't lead to a big result.

Well, for some reason as I listened to the song I thought about those days and thought to myself that perhaps those are big days in my life but they're not big because of something I get to see firsthand. What I thought is that perhaps those days are the ones in which someone that I've shared the Lord with or prayed for finally meets the Lord. Perhaps that's the day when the harvest is being reaped and even though I don't get to actually see it happen, it's something that is tied to my life and the Lord gives me those feelings to remind me that He's at work.

Granted, I've got no real proof of this and I could be completely off but maybe this will help us to remember that we should be sharing as much as possible because the Lord sees the harvest even if we don't ever here on earth. Either way, let's be faithful to the calling God has given us and give all glory to Him regardless of what we see!

"What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow." - 1 Corinthians 3:5-7

No comments:

Who I Am (Briefly)

In some ways I'm just your average girl making my way through the world. Along the way I've seen love and heartbreak, good times and bad, and found that through it all, my relationship with the Lord is what carries me through. I don't claim to be all that wise but I hope that through my writings, you'll see more of who God is and draw near to Him. So that's me, a little light shining in the darkness, pointing to the One who makes all the difference.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP